Dynamic Configuration File is not watched as expected in K8s

Hi,
I've tried to use k8s with a dynamic file and I set watch = true in file provider, Then I added this configuration in a ConfigMap in k8s and I mounted it as a volume in my k8s deployment file.
But when I change and apply this new dynamic configuration, the changes aren't applied and I have to rollout my deployment again for it to reload its configuration.

Is there something I'm missing for this? Because I tried CRD and after each change, traefik watches it.
I also tried and build traefik locally and tested it dynamic file but again, I should break and start traefik again in order for it to load new configuration.

Thanks.

@imans77,

The reason you are seeing this behavior is due to the fact that k8s handles mounted configmaps as symlinks in the container's filesystem.

When a configmap is updated, a new source file is created, and the symlink is updated to point to the new file. This is why no inotify events are triggered.

I have a PR here: https://github.com/containous/traefik/pull/5037 that provides some links and explanations as to what is going on.

Hope this helps